Linux Kernel 4.5 was released earlier this week, and once again Collabora engineers played a role in its development. In addition to their current projects, seven Collabora engineers contributed a total of 33 patches to the new Kernel.
As part of its continued committment to further increase ts participation to the Linux Kernel, Collabora is looking to expand its team of core software engineers. If you’d like to learn more, follow this link.
Here are some highlights of Collabora’s participation in Kernel 4.5:
Daniel Stone improved i915 runtime WARN() messages and fixed an important issue in the component subsystem when component_add() fails. Danilo Cesar made the DRM Docbook ready for Markdown text.
Gustavo Padovan improved the pm_runtime management on the drm/exynos driver and started work on de-staging the Android Sync Framework. On Rockchip, Sjoerd Simons enabled IR receiver to RK3288 Radxa Rock 2 Square, added multi_v7_defconfig for Rockchip audio and enabled RK3288 SPDIF clocks to change their parent. On the net side, Sjoerd added a patch to turn carrier off on phy attach to avoid unknown states and another patch to add ethernet0 alias for the RK3288 to help u-boot find this device-node.
During his brief time with us at Collabora, Heiko Stübner added the dts file for the veyron-brain board, a shutdown callback to platform variant dwc2 devices for a special clock handling to avoid getting stuck on the reboot/poweroff process and multi_v7_defconfig support to Rockchip’s io-domain driver, crypto module and rk808 clkout module. He also enabled support for veyron minnie touchscreen, adjusted temperature limits on veyron-speedy and fixed the edp-24m clock to be associated to the internal 24MHz oscillator all the time.
Martyn Welch added a driver for the Zodiac Aerospace RAVE Watchdog Processor, while Tomeu Vizoso added a device_is_bound() helper function and setter for dev.pm_domain that comes with extra checkings. Tomeu also added a patch to allow USB devices to remain runtime-suspended when sleeping and another patch to optimize sleep by going direct_complete if driver has no prepare and PM callbacks. Lastly, Tomeu also fixed a freq issue on Tegra devfreq_dev_profile.target callback.
Following is a list of all patches submitted by Collabora for this kernel release:
Daniel Stone (3):
- drm/i915/pm: Unstatic power_domain_str
- drm/i915/pm: Print offending domain in refcount failure
- component: remove device from master match list on failed add
Danilo Cesar Lemes de Paula (1):
Gustavo Padovan (9):
- drm/exynos: do not start enabling DP at bind() phase
- drm/exynos: add pm_runtime to DP
- drm/exynos: add pm_runtime to HDMI
- drm/exynos: add pm_runtime to Mixer
- drm/exynos: add pm_runtime to FIMD
- drm/exynos: add pm_runtime to DECON 5433
- drm/exynos: add pm_runtime to DECON 7
- staging/android: add TODO to de-stage android sync framework
- tracing/dma-buf/fence: Fix timeline str value on fence_annotate_wait_on
Heiko Stübner (8):
- ARM: dts: rockchip: override thermal settings on veyron-speedy
- ARM: dts: rockchip: make sure edp_24m is associated to xin24m on veyron
- ARM: dts: rockchip: add veyron-brain board
- ARM: dts: rockchip: add touchscreen node to veyron minnie
- usb: dwc2: add shutdown callback to platform variant
- ARM: multi_v7_defconfig: enable Rockchip io-domain driver
- ARM: multi_v7_defconfig: enable rockchip crypto module
- ARM: multi_v7_defconfig: enable rk808 clkout module
Martyn Welch (2):
- watchdog: Zodiac Aerospace RAVE Switch Watchdog Processor Driver
- Add binding documentation for Zodiac Watchdog Timer
Sjoerd Simons (5):
- ARM: dts: rockchip: Setup rk3288 ethernet0 alias for u-boot
- ARM: dts: rockchip: Add IR receiver to RK3288 Radxa Rock 2 Square
- clk: rockchip: Allow the RK3288 SPDIF clocks to change their parent
- ARM: multi_v7_defconfig: Add rockchip audio support
- net: phy: turn carrier off on phy attach
Tomeu Vizoso (5):