Linux Kernel 4.9 was released this week and once more Collabora developers took part on the kernel development cycle. This time we contributed 37 patches by 11 different developers, our highest number of single contributors in a kernel release ever. Remember that in the previous release we had our highest number total contributions. The numbers shows how Collabora have been increasing its commitment in contributing to the upstream kernel community.
As for Collabora contributions most of our work was in the DRM and DMABUF subsystems. Andrew Shadura and Daniel Stone added to fixes to the AMD and i915 drivers respectively. Emilio López added the missing install of sync_file.h uapi.
Gustavo Padovan advanced a few more steps on the goal to add explicit fencing to the DRM subsystem, besides a few improvements to Sync File and the virtio_gpu driver he also de-staged the SW_SYNC validation framework that helps with Sync File testing.
Peter Senna added drm_bridge support to imx-ldb device while Tomeu Vizoso improved drm_bridge support on RockChip’s analogic-dp and added documentation about validation of the DRM subsystem.
Outside of the Graphics world we had Enric Balletbo i Serra adding support to upload firmware on the ziirave watchdog device. Fabien Lahoudere and Martyn Welch enabled and improved DMA support for i.MX53 UARTs, allowing the device tree to decide whether DMA is used or not. Martyn also added a fake VMEbus (Versa Module Europa bus) to help with VME driver development.
On the Bluetooth, subsystem Frédéric Dalleau fixed an error code for SCO connections, that was causing big timeout and failures on SCO connections requests. Finally Robert Foss worked to clear the pipeline on errors for cdc-wdm USB devices.
Andrew Shadura (1):
Daniel Stone (1):
Emilio López (2):
Enric Balletbo i Serra (1):
Fabien Lahoudere (3):
- ARM: dts: imx53: Add DMA configuration for UART
- ARM: dts: imx53: Add IPU nodes for csi
- serial: imx: Replace dmaengine old API
Frédéric Dalleau (1):
Gustavo Padovan (14):
- dma-buf/fence-array: add fence_is_array()
- dma-buf/sync_file: refactor fence storage in struct sync_file
- dma-buf/sync_file: add sync_file_get_fence()
- Documentation: add doc for sync_file_get_fence()
- dma-buf/sync_file: only enable fence signalling on poll()
- staging/android: do not let userspace trigger WARN_ON
- staging/android: move trace/sync.h to sync_trace.h
- staging/android: prepare sw_sync files for de-staging
- staging/android: add Doc for SW_SYNC ioctl interface
- dma-buf/sw_sync: de-stage SW_SYNC
- drm/fence: allow fence waiting to be interrupted by userspace
- drm/virtio: drop virtio_gpu_execbuffer_ioctl() wrapping
- drm/virtio: add real fence context and seqno
- dma-buf/sync_file: free fences array in num_fences is 1
Martyn Welch (4):
- vme: Update documentation to match api
- vme: Adding Fake VME driver
- Allowing UART DMA to be configured on i.MX53
- vme: vme_get_size potentially returning incorrect value on failure
Peter Senna Tschudin (1):
Robert Foss (2):
Tomeu Vizoso (7):
- drm/doc: Add a few words on validation with IGT
- clk: rk808: Pass the right pointer as the get_hw context
- PM / Domains: Allow holes in genpd_data.domains array
- drm/bridge: analogix_dp: Remove duplicated code
- drm/bridge: analogix_dp: Add analogix_dp_psr_supported
- drm/rockchip: analogix_dp: Refuse to enable PSR if panel doesn’t support it