Linux Kernel 4.6 was released this week, and a total of 9 Collabora engineers took part in its development, Collabora’s highest number of engineers contributing to a single Linux Kernel release yet. In total Collabora contributed 42 patches.
As part of Collabora’s continued commitment to further increase its participation to the Linux Kernel, Collabora is actively looking to expand its team of core software engineers. If you’d like to learn more, follow this link.
Here are some highlights of Collabora’s participation in Kernel 4.6:
Andrew Shadura fixed the number of buttons reported on the Pemount 6000 USB touchscreen controller, while Daniel Stone enabled BCM283x familiy devices in the ARM multi_v7_defconfig and Emilio López added module autoloading for a few sunxi devices.
Enric Balletbo i Serra added boot console output to AM335X(Sitara) and OMAP3-IGEP and fixed audio codec setup on AM335X using the right external clock. Martyn Welch added the USB device ID for the GE Healthcare cp210x serial device and renamed the reset reason of the Zodiac Watchdog.
Gustavo Padovan cleaned up the Android Sync Framework on the staging tree for further de-staging of the Sync File infrastructure, which will land in 4.7. Most of the work was removing interfaces that won’t be used in mainline. He also added vblank event support for atomic commits in the virtio DRM driver.
Peter Senna improved an error path and added some style fixes to the sisusbvga driver. While Sjoerd Simons enabled wireless on radxa Rock2 boards, fixed an issue withthe brcmfmac sdio driver sometimes timing out with a false positive and fixed some issues with Serial output on Renesas R-Car porter board.
Tomeu Vizoso changed driver_match_device() to return errors and in case of -EPROBE_DEFER queue the device for deferred probing, he also provided two fixes to Rockchip DRM driver as part of his work on making intel-gpu-tools work on other platforms.
Following is a list of all patches submitted by Collabora for this kernel release:
Andrew Shadura (1):
Daniel Stone (1):
Emilio López (4):
- [media] rc: sunxi-cir: support module autoloading
- [media] usb: musb: sunxi: support module autoloading
- dmaengine: sun4i: support module autoloading
- usb: musb: sunxi: support module autoloading
Enric Balletbo i Serra (3):
- ARM: dts: igep00x0: Specify the device to be used for boot console output.
- ARM: dts: am335x-sl50: Specify the device to be used for boot console output.
- ARM: dts: am335x-sl50: Fix audio codec setup.
Gustavo Padovan (17):
- staging/android: fix sync framework documentation
- staging/android: sync: remove interfaces that are not used
- staging/android: remove not used sync_timeline ops
- staging/android: create a ‘sync’ dir for debugfs information
- staging/android: move SW_SYNC_USER to a debugfs file
- staging/android: rename sync_fence to sync_file
- staging/android: rename ‘sync_pt’ to ‘fence’ in structsync_fence_cb
- staging/android: remove struct sync_pt
- staging/android: remove unused var from sync_timeline_signal()
- staging/android: remove pointless sync_timeline_signal at destroy phase
- staging/android: remove sync_fence_create_dma()
- staging/android: remove SYNC_WAIT ioctl
- staging/android: rename sync_pt_info to sync_fence_info
- staging/android: rename sync_file_info_data to sync_file_info
- staging/android: remove driver_data from struct sync_fence_info
- staging/android: remove len field from struct sync_fence_info
- drm/virtio: send vblank event after crtc updates
Martyn Welch (2):
- watchdog: ziirave_wdt: Rename “trigger” reset reason “hw watchdog”
- USB: serial: cp210x: Adding GE Healthcare Device ID
Peter Senna Tschudin (4):
- usb-misc: sisusbvga: Fix coding style: horizontal whitespace changes
- usb-misc: sisusbvga: Fix coding style: vertical whitespace changes
- usb-misc: sisusbvga: Remove memory allocation logs
- usb-misc: sisusbvga: fix error path
Sjoerd Simons (6):
- ARM: dts: rockchip: Add the iodomains for the Rock2 SOM
- ARM: dts: rockchip: Add the SDIO wifi on Radxa Rock2 square
- ARM: dts: rockchip: Assign RK3288 EDP_24M input centrally
- brcmfmac: sdio: Increase the default timeouts a bit
- ARM: dts: r8a7791: Don’t disable referenced optional clocks
- Revert “ARM: dts: porter: Enable SCIF_CLK frequency and pins”
Tomeu Vizoso (4):